Do you want to be an active part of transforming the social sector?
At Nonprofit Quarterly, we believe that the social sector—made up of social activists, movements, nonprofits, and philanthropy—has an enormous effect on this country’s future. We also believe that no one is better qualified to speak to the health and needs of civic society than those who live and work in it.
We believe that part of taking leadership in this sector is actively applying a critical lens to its assumptions and actions. That is what we do at NPQ, in part through publishing daily articles that track trends in the practices and operating environments of nonprofits, movements, and philanthropy. Our stories are written by practitioners who lead double lives as NPQ lay journalists.
Pushing the bounds of thinking and bringing new ideas to the sector requires new leadership, so we are constantly on the lookout for smart, thoughtful nonprofit leaders to help us ask the important questions. We do not fear to ask the tough questions and critique dominant narratives that hamper the growth of a democratic civic society; our writing is rooted in values of equity, community, and democratic practice.
If this sounds appealing to you, please consider applying to become a volunteer NPQ newswire writer TODAY.
- A grounded knowledge base that comes in part from your work in this sector
- An interest in critical analysis of the sector and its work
- Willingness to write at least one article (500-800 words) each week
NPQ’s volunteer writers form a supportive community designed to share knowledge and best practices, participate in conversations about evolving policy and management issues, and direct the practice of the nonprofit sector in ways that encourage an active and equitable civic society.
- The opportunity to influence nonprofit practice and be part of movements for change
- Chances to participate in sector-driving conversations about what’s happening and how it affects civic society
- A network of individuals who are similarly motivated to serve the social sector through active participation
- Publication in one of the sector’s leading journals, with a supportive editorial staff
If you are interested in examining current events through the lens of nonprofit practice; if you want to broaden your knowledge of civic society; if you want to be in touch with experts on issues ranging from movements for racial and economic justice to strategic planning and evolving nonprofit business models, then this is the community for you.
If you’re interested to learn more about NPQ’s writer program, please email email@example.com.
We look forward to meeting you!