The Facebook Journalism Project (FJP) is launching the COVID-19 Local News Relief Fund Grant Program, offering grant opportunities to help US local news organizations continue serving communities during the coronavirus outbreak.
ABOUT THE PROGRAM
- The relief grants are designed to provide support for US local news organizations serving a critical role for communities impacted by COVID-19.
- Funding is intended to:
- a) respond to immediate community needs and/or
- b) offset some revenue shortfalls to help publishers maintain long-term sustainability during this crisis.
- Both for profit and non-profit local news organizations will be considered for grant funding.
- Applications will be reviewed by a selection committee made up of representatives from the Institute for Nonprofit News (INN), The Lenfest Institute for Journalism, Local Independent Online News Publishers (LION), Local Media Association (LMA), Local Media Consortium (LMC), National Association of Broadcasters (NAB), and Facebook.
- The Relief Grant is subject to Terms and Conditions and a complete list of eligibility requirements is available on the FJP website.
HOW CAN I APPLY
- Publishers can begin applying for Relief Grants on Monday, April 13 through this link on the Facebook Journalism Project website.
WHERE CAN I LEARN MORE ABOUT THE GRANT