About Gray Television:
Gray Television supports local community interests by providing quality television broadcasting and exceptional service in each market we serve. Gray owns and/or operates television stations and leading digital properties in 93 television markets including the first or second highest rated television station in 87 markets. We are an unmatched broadcast pioneer that keeps getting bigger and better. We constantly strive for excellence. Through upgrading to the latest technology and seeking new ways to stay on top in our markets, we focus on training and development of the best and brightest employees in the business.
WBTV was the first television station to sign on in the Carolinas and is considered the “most trustworthy source of news and information” in the area according to research. WBTV First Alert Weather is the certified most accurate forecast for the market as measured by WeatheRate. Being “On Your Side” for viewers, clients and the community is the guiding principle of WBTV and helps drive its award-winning newscasts and quality local journalism. Visit www.wbtv.com to learn more.
WBTV is looking for a versatile, aggressive journalist to lead our weekend coverage on broadcast and digital platforms. The ideal candidate for this position will have solid news judgment, the ability to juggle multiple tasks simultaneously, and to adjust to a constantly changing environment while working under deadline.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Planning and executing weekend news coverage on all platforms
• Managing logistics and resources
• Newsgathering (including developing story ideas, confirming information, breaking news coverage)
• Creating and publishing content to digital and social media platforms
• Write daily stories for each digital platform using AP-style writing
• Producing digital content to enhance the On Your Side brand on all platforms
• Monitoring scanners and social media
• Communicating with broadcast and digital producers, field crews
• Weekday assignment desk or digital producer shifts as needed
• Strong writing skills (broadcast and print)
• Excellent time management
• News judgement
• Working understanding of social media platforms
• Basic newsgathering
• Bachelor’s degree in Journalism or related field is preferred, equivalent experience considered
• Customer service experience preferred
• Basic knowledge of video and still photography and editing a plus