Student Media. The Assistant Director of Student Media assists the Director of Student Media with all planning and execution of the student media program; oversees day-to-day operations and supervises and mentors students in areas of media marketing, business and leadership.
• Organizes, coordinates and executes special projects and/or day-to-day operations.
• Establishes and maintains positive working relationships with internal and external groups.
• Manages budgets and develops student media revenue through advertising sales to meet budget goals.
• Tracks and evaluates advertising, calls sales and student compliance efforts.
• Advises, trains, and motivates students in the business and marketing divisions of Student Media.
• Coordinates staff support services to meet goals and deadlines.
• Performs basic and advanced administrative duties including processing student employment, payroll records, accounts receivable and payable and purchasing.
Georgia Southern University is a Tobacco Free Campus.
Minimum Education Required:
Could a level of job-related experience higher than the minimum required for the position substitute for the minimum level of education?: No
Minimum Experience Required:
Three or more years of related work experience
Could a level of education higher than the minimum required for the position substitute for the minimum level of job-related experience?: No
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
Effective communication (verbal and written), organization and human relations skills; ability to work well in a diverse environment; proficiency with computer and Microsoft Office Applications software including word processing, spreadsheets, and databases; legally authorized to work in the United States; successful completion of background investigation prior to employment
Previous experience working in higher education; familiarity with news media advertising and business model.
Salary Range: $40,200 – $50,300
Job Open Date: 10/29/2019
Job Closing Date: 11/19/2019
Georgia Southern University provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, religion, age, veteran status, political affiliation, or disability. Individuals in need of reasonable accommodations under the Americans with Disabilities Act to participate in the search process should notify Human Resources: (912) 478-5468 or HR-TDD: (912) 478-0791.