NPR is developing a new podcast with a high-profile host that will explore the ways we overcome obstacles in our personal and professional lives.
We are seeking an Associate Producer with an interest in learning as well as having hands on experience launching a show from scratch. You will help support podcast production and work closely with the host, and Senior Producer to publish the weekly show by providing both editorial and administrative assistance. You must be comfortable working in a collaborative environment, juggling multiple responsibilities, and operating under tight deadlines. You enjoy doing research and are motivated by a love of learning the art of audio storytelling.
You will be comfortable working in a collaborative environment, juggling multiple responsibilities, and operating under tight deadlines. You enjoy doing research and are motivated by a love of learning the art of audio storytelling.
This short-term assignment will last for one year.
- Helps to write and produce content for air/publication.
- Active participant in pitch meetings, consistently engaged with pop culture and news of the day
- Assists other team members with interview prep and logistics
- Pre-interviews guests and prepares research material for host
- Edit podcast episodes and other content, as needed
- Assists in maintaining a strategic and productive engagement with audiences across social/digital platforms
- Other duties as assigned
- Ensures that all materials aired meet NPR program standards and practices, including standards of fairness, objectivity, and balance.
EDUCATION: Minimum education experience – Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience
- At least one year of experience in podcasting or broadcasting
- Some experience in audio journalism
- Ability to edit audio
- Demonstrated writing ability
- Strong digital media skills, including proficiency in social media as both a newsgathering technique and, especially, as a way to distribute content.
- Proven ability to consistently work well with others, demonstrating at all times respect for the diverse constituencies at NPR and within the public radio system
- Experience in audio journalism, especially using DAVID based systems
- Experience on a daily or weekly show, in the broadcast or podcast space
- Experience working in and/or knowledge of public radio and the public radio system.
Want more NPR? Explore the stories behind the stories on our NPR Extra blog. Get social with NPR Extra on Facebook and following @NPRExtra and #NPRLife on Twitter and Instagram. Find more career opportunities at NPR.org/careers and on Twitter at @NPRJobs.
NPR is an Equal Opportunity Employer. NPR is committed to being an inclusive workplace that welcomes diverse and unique perspectives, all working toward the same goal – to create a more informed public. Qualified applicants receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, ethnicity, national origin, ancestry, age, religion, religious belief, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions, lactation, and reproductive health decisions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, transgender status, gender non-conforming status, intersex status, sexual stereotypes, nationality, citizenship status, personal appearance, marital status, family status, family responsibilities, military status, veteran status, mental and physical disability, medical condition, genetic information, genetic characteristics of yourself or a family member, political views and affiliation, unemployment status, protective order status, status as a victim of domestic violence, sexual assault, or stalking, or any other basis prohibited under applicable law.