Discover where your talent fits best at ALM…
At ALM, we’re reinventing the way professionals use information, news, data, marketing solutions and events to manage the business of business. That requires creativity, collaboration and innovation. Headquartered in New York City with 18 offices worldwide, ALM brands have been serving their markets since 1843. Join our team of talented ALMers working to create exceptional experience for our audiences and customers across the globe.
ALM, a leading B2B digital media company, is seeking a writer-editor who’s knowledgeable about commercial transactions and financial markets to support an exciting legal news and information product.
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
- Edit news briefs about corporate transactions. Work quickly to improve content and correct errors based on source material
- Monitor and respond to breaking news developments in the world of corporate transactions
- Master our content management system and apply taxonomy related to deal types, law firms, companies and industries
- Process and catalogue press releases announcing corporate transactions
- Collaborate with colleagues to improve processes and overcome challenges
- You have familiarity with corporate transactions and can decipher press releases about mergers and acquisitions, initial public offerings, private equity placements, debt financing and other deal types.
- You have high standards and can work efficiently with minimal supervision.
- You can write quickly and clearly without making errors. Even when juggling tasks, you have strong focus and attention to detail.
- You have an entrepreneurial, problem-solving spirit and thrive in a fast-paced news environment.
- A law degree or legal background is a plus.