Navajo Times Publishing Company, Inc. is seeking a Part Time Circulation Assistant to assist in the distribution of weekly newspaper to customers and independent contract carriers. Maintains an orderly flow of the circulation area to achieve consistent, proper, on-time delivery to subscribers and retail outlets. Must be able to work a flexible schedule including night, holiday, and early morning hours.
- Organizes and maintains inserts and stages newspapers for weekly circulation timelines.
- Relays delivery information to the Circulation Manager on inserts to meet zoned newspaper counts, and distributes to carriers.
- Assists in the overall operation of the newspaper circulation process and coordinates with independent contract carriers on newspaper returns.
- Maintains a safe working environment by monitoring safety procedures and equipment; including but not limited to overall cleanliness of carrier work stations, delivery bay, and surrounding areas.
- Provides assistance in the absence of Circulation Coordinator with presorting and processing of newspaper subscriptions; including, new or updated subscriber information.
- On occasion works with press room staff to breakdown returned newspaper bundles and cardboard boxes; stacks and organizes onto pallets for recycling.
- May respond to customer service requests and complaints, such as, delivery problems and/or missed newspaper to subscribers.
- Competent in the use and maintenance of pallet jack, pallet walker, re-charger, strapping machine and other related equipment.
The ideal candidate must have knowledge of warehouse distribution practices and methods related to distribution of newspapers. Must be self-motivated and be able to work without extensive supervision; and possess a high level of problem-solving skills and deductive reasoning. Considerable physical activity is required and includes; prolonged periods of sitting, standing, bending, twisting, talking and hearing. Work requires the ability to handle 30 to 50-lb. bundles of newspapers multiple times per day. Applicants must have a High School Diploma or G.E.D equivalent; plus one or more years’ experience in warehousing or newspaper distribution center; or an equivalent combination of training, education and experience. General knowledge of computers and Windows applications preferred. Must have valid driver’s license and a clean driving history. Salary: $11.00 per hour.
Download application here.
Please send application, cover letter, and resume to Navajo Times Human Resources; P.O. Box 310; Window Rock, AZ 86515 or email to firstname.lastname@example.org. To download an application, please go to www.navajotimes.com/contact-us/jobs-at-the-times.
Applications will not be accepted by telefax. The position is open until filled. For more information, telephone the Navajo Times office at (928) 871-1130.
NTPC, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and enforces the Navajo Preference in Hiring Act.