Under the direct supervision of the Tribal Secretary, the Communication Specialist will manage all internal and external communications of the Tribal Government, ensuring that the created correspondence are consistent with tribal policy and tribal law as well as engaging to the reader. This includes promoting a positive public image and controlling the dissemination of information on behalf of the Tribal Council.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Responsible for the creation and management of daily, monthly and quarterly correspondence including: newsletters, flyers, emails, posts, website content, etc. for internal and external communications.
- Work closely with the Tribal Secretary to develop effective communication strategies, including the creation of weekly content distribution calendars.
- Liaise with the Public Affairs department communicating events, press conferences, alerts, etc.
- Collaborate with the Tribal Council, department heads, staff and website administrator(s) for content release and updates.
- Collaborate with marketing professionals to produce correspondence for advertisements or articles.
- Collaborate with other tribes for communication sharing of events.
- Research and disseminate information on upcoming regional, state, and federal events.
- Manage and update contact database.
- Organize and shoot photography for events.
- Schedule social media posts for multiple strategies including but not limited to Pinterest, Instagram, YouTube, and Facebook.
- Draft, create, and maintain Standard Operating Procedures (SOP) as needed for related processes.
- Assist as needed with photography for communication pieces, events and other activities as appropriate.
- Provide support to other departments and entities as needed.
- Maintain technical knowledge by attending educational workshops, reviewing publications and maintaining best practices within the field.
QUALIFICATIONS, EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s Degree required, with a focus in Business Communication, Journalism, or Communications preferred.
- Minimum of 3 years in the field of communication required.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills required.
- Experience in copywriting and editing required.
- Experience with project management required.
- Experience and proficiency with MS Office Suites (i.e. Outlook, Word, Publisher, etc.) and Adobe Suites (i.e. Photoshop and Illustrator) required.
- Experience in web design and content production preferred.
- Must have exceptional organizational and planning abilities.
- Must have the ability to travel for events as necessary.
- Must possess and maintain a valid drivers’ license, and qualify for employer insurability, throughout the course of employment.
- Must maintain confidentiality of all privileged information.
- This position must comply with the Pechanga Tribal Government’s Drug-Free Workplace Policy. This includes: pre-employment testing, post-accident or injury, and random testing.
- Must successfully pass a pre-employment background investigation.
The Pechanga Band offers a comprehensive and competitive benefit package for all full-time employees. Benefits include the following:
- Retirement – 401(k) retirement plan with a generous employer match
- Health & Wellness Coverage – Medical, dental and vision coverage
- Life and Long Term Disability – $25,000 employer paid life and Long Term Disability
- Flexible Spending Accounts – Healthcare and Dependent care reimbursement accounts
- Supplemental Life and Accidental Death and Dismemberment (AD&D) Insurance
- Supplemental Coverage – Disability, Accident, Cancer, Life, and Hospital Confinement
- Legal shield and identity shield
- Pet Insurance
- Education Reimbursement Opportunities – For pre-approved specific, job related education
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP) – Face-to-face counseling, Legal assistance, Financial assistance, ID recovery, Tobacco cessation, Dependent care and Daily living resources, and Crisis consultation
Send application and resume to: Email: HR@PECHANGA-NSN.GOV