Gray Television supports local community interests by providing quality television broadcasting and exceptional service in each market we serve. Gray owns and/or operates television stations and leading digital properties in 93 television markets including the first or second highest rated television station in 87 markets. We are an unmatched broadcast pioneer that keeps getting bigger and better. We constantly strive for excellence. Through upgrading to the latest technology and seeking new ways to stay on top in our markets, we focus on training and development of the best and brightest employees in the business.
WBTV was the first television station to sign on in the Carolinas and is considered the “most trustworthy source of news and information” in the area according to research. WBTV First Alert Weather is the certified most accurate forecast for the market as measured by WeatheRate. Being “On Your Side” for viewers, clients and the community is the guiding principle of WBTV and helps drive its award-winning newscasts and quality local journalism. Visit www.wbtv.com to learn more.
Our digital and broadcast producers work closely together to enhance the WBTV On Your Side brand across all platforms. The right candidate will execute an aggressive multiplatform content strategy by developing and posting engaging content on digital and social media platforms.
• Write daily stories for each digital platform using AP-style writing
• Copy-edit web story submissions from field reporters, anchors and meteorologists • Create and post content to station website, apps, OTT, social media and other digital platforms
• Livestream national, region and local events to WBTV social platforms
• Curate digital platforms to maximize engagement and reach
• Monitor and mine social comments and messages on WBTV News digital platforms to gather information for web stories
• Strong writing skills and news judgment
• Excellent time management skills
• Working understanding of social media platforms and digital strategy
• Bachelor’s degree in Journalism or related field is preferred
• Knowledge of video and still photography and editing is a plus