- Samples of work: 1-3 relevant work samples that demonstrate proficiency in crafting and implementing digital strategies
- At least 3 references
This position is responsible for developing and executing the digital media strategy. Position will manage the Tribe’s digital presence, manage social media, develop media campaigns, make recommendations on improving digital media, etc. This position works as a team member in support of the Puyallup Tribe of Indians.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Supervise the Tribe’s digital communication strategies and make recommendations for improving.
2. Manage the Tribe’s digital presence, including websites, social media, and e- newsletters.
3. Develop ways to use digital media as strategic tools to build knowledge of the Tribe for external audiences and to enhance communication within the Tribe for Members and employees. Define, develop and adhere to site style guide, content rules and “best practices” that provide a consistent voice, tone and style of online content.
4. Identify digital content needs and generate pieces or work with staff to generate them.
5. Manage relationships with third parties including website developers, hosts and related vendors. Determine feasibility, cost and time required, compatibility with current system and computer capabilities required for new or revised websites.
6. Train and coordinate staff across departments in website and social media account updating, page design and enhancements, and “best practices” management. Lead overall strategy and content of Tribe’s various social media accounts.
7. Train and coordinate staff across departments in website and social media account updating, page design and enhancements, and “best practices” management. Lead overall strategy and content of Tribe’s various social media accounts.Stay up to date on digital media best practices and tools, apply new knowledge to work, and make recommendations regarding long-term digital strategies. Advise communications director and staff of opportunities and needs.
8. Stay up to date on and follow laws and regulations regarding digital media (such as GDPR, ADA accessibility, anti-spam laws, etc.) Advise communications director and staff of needs.
9. Research, recommend and introduce digital tools (which could include apps, social media management tools, video production software, ESRI Story Maps, etc.) that will enhance Tribe’s communications abilities. Train staff on same.
10. Develop and implement digital media campaigns, plans and strategies such as to promote registration for upcoming events, participation in community planning, or action on various issues.
11. Track day-to-day social media for potential issues that may affect the Tribe. Coordinate responses.
12. Respond or coordinate responses to general inquiries that come to the Tribe through digital media.
13. Contribute to crisis communications response as needed.
14. Measure digital channels’ performance and make recommendations on how to best use data to improve or change systems. Research trends and audience preferences and apply findings to digital platforms
15. Perform other duties as assigned.
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and Experience
Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college in Marketing, Communications or Journalism or a related field is required. Must have a minimum of three years of work experience in digital media.
Intermediate to extensive knowledge of word processing is required. Must demonstrate working knowledge of web analytics and reporting. Must demonstrate experience working with WordPress or similar CMS, social media management tools, video storytelling tools, analytics tools, and social media advertising tools
Must have experience in maintaining confidentiality of sensitive information.
Must be able to work long hours and carry an unpredictable schedule.
Ability to read, analyze and interpret general business instructions and procedure manuals. Ability to follow oral instructions and write news and feature stories using correct English, grammar, spelling, punctuation and vocabulary.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ration and percentages.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
Must have and maintain a valid and unrestricted Washington State driver’s license and proof of insurance. Driver’s License restrictions must not prevent the employee from complying with the Tribe’s Vehicle Use Policy or driving a GSA vehicle.
Must have reliable transportation.
This position must be able to work with all levels of personnel within the Organization and with clients and vendors.
Must demonstrate strong communication skills, both written and oral. Must demonstrate an eye for detail.
Must be able to multi-task and set priorities.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Requires the ability to operate a personal computer, multi-line telephone, calculator, facsimile and photocopier.
- Requires the ability to read, write, communicate, and interpret information accurately in English.
- Requires the ability to concentrate and consistently produce accurate work.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear.
- The employee frequently is required to stand and walk.
- The employee is frequently required to stand and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The noise level is moderate.
- The physical exertion is low to moderate.
- The employee is frequently exposed to outside weather conditions.
- Exposure to hazardous materials in minimal.
- Requires travel using employee’s own transportation.
The Puyallup Tribe of Indians reserves the right to revise or change job duties and responsibilities as the need arises. This position description does not constitute a written or implied contract of employment.
INDIAN PREFERENCE EMPLOYER AS REQUIRED BY LAW
Find the position and apply here.
For questions call: 253-573-7863 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org.