This 11-month position ensures that OPB’s digital properties and social network accounts are updated with timely and engaging content. This position will especially focus on daily production of First Look, OPB’s daily email newsletter.
The Digital Producer adds stories to OPB’s digital platforms from all sources available to OPB including both internal content units and external content providers. The Digital Producer is responsible for editing copy, coordinating breaking news updates with news staff and sending mobile push alerts. The Digital Producer works with reporters and OPB producers on creating effective multimedia stories as well as creating original digital content.
Most work is done at a computer. During COVID-19, the work is performed remotely using equipment provided by OPB. The schedule will be Sunday through Thursday. Sunday will be a day shift. Monday through Thursday will be a noon to 8 p.m. shift.
- Bachelor’s degree in journalism or related field or equivalent combination of education, training and experience that provides the requisite knowledge, skills and abilities for this position.
- Two years’ experience writing or producing in a digital news environment.
- Experience updating online content in a timely fashion.
- Experience producing content for an email newsletter.
- Experience sustaining an institutional social media presence.
- Experience writing in AP style.
- Experience with incorporating photos, video, audio, social media posts, and infographics into digital storytelling
- Excellent editorial judgement
- Strong organizational and time management skills.
- Familiarity with SEO techniques.
- Ability to work effectively with team members.
- Ability to shoot still photos.
- Demonstrated experience creating or managing a multimedia content-focused project.
The probable hiring range for the position is between $50,000 and $60,000 annually, depending on qualifications.