VPM is looking for a Director, Multi-Platform & Distribution Strategy. We’re looking for someone who understands metrics across platforms and who can develop strategies to increase and diversify VPM’s audience. This position oversees the Director of TV Programming, the managers of VPM.org and has matrix responsibilities over digital personnel embedded in content teams. Reporting directly to the Chief Content Officer, this person will serve as a key partner to VPM’s senior team, providing insight on audience trends and emerging platforms. This role will also interface with other public media stations and national partners such as PBS and NPR.
- Develop strategies to extend distribution of VPM and national content across platforms to grow audiences, including broadcast television, digital and podcasts.
- Develop an overall windowing strategy for VPM-produced content across owned platforms and 3rd party platforms.
- Provide editorial input on programs aired across VPM channels, including VPM and VPM Plus, as well as live streaming.
- Develop audience-focused digital strategy, including oversight of the front-end of VPM.org and back-end product development.
- Work with key colleagues in Development and Content to enhance on-air fundraising strategies.
- Work with Chief Content Officer on revenue opportunities with third-party distributors, such as SVOD providers.
- Develop platform KPIs to reach audience and revenue growth goals.
- Foster culture of data-driven testing and solutions across all departments.
- Continue to advise external producers and teach internal staff on digital best practices, audience building and engagement.
- Minimum 7-10 years of experience working in content distribution across platforms.
- Strong editorial judgement and knowledge of audience metrics to shape content selection, windowing strategy and distribution across broadcast, digital and podcasting platforms.
- Proven track record of mentoring individuals and developing teams.
- Working knowledge of public media system.
- Effective and proactive leadership and problem-solving.
- Proven ability to consistently work well with others, demonstrating respect for diverse constituencies.
Apply by sending your resume to email@example.com. The position will remain open until filled.
EOE M/F/D/V VPM reserves the right to alter, change, modify, and/or terminate this job posting at any time without notice, or obligation, to any party.