- Passionate about public media and the role that it plays in the communities it serves.
- Excited about joining a growing nonprofit organization – and want to be a key part of its growth.
- Driven by meeting – and exceeding – fundraising expectations.
- Have 8+ years of positive leadership and strong fundraising experience on your resume.
- Love building relationships with your staff, Executive Team, Board of Directors, and community members.
- A great coach and can motivate and inspire a small and mighty team of fundraising professionals.
- Have exciting new ideas for fundraising and growth opportunities based on a unique-to-you mixture of experience and understanding of the current philanthropic landscape.
A growing public multimedia organization with over 55 years of experience serving Northern Minnesota and Northwestern Wisconsin with a vision to be essential to the communities we serve. With an ever-expanding footprint, WDSE•WRPT has five broadcast channels and reaches the region and beyond through streaming on YouTube, YouTubeTV, the PBS Video App, and social media sites. Over the past few years, our fundraising team has propelled exponential growth, and we are looking for a leader who’ll continue – and expand on – our current success.
As Director of Development you will oversee the station’s fundraising efforts, including major gifts, member relations, grant development and underwriting programs. Your strategic insights will help to guide the President, Executive Team and Board of Directors. You will manage a fundraising budget and staff of passionate employees. You will help to identify and secure opportunities for ongoing growth to propel WDSE•WRPT through the next decade and beyond. We would love to hear from you!