PBS39 is seeking an energetic Radio Operations Director at new NPR affiliate station. Will be responsible for developing and implementing all facets of the daily operations including automation system, ensuring compliance with state, and federal laws, policies, and regulations. Ensures that all on-air broadcast systems operate within FCC rules and regulations; develop and maintain accurate records, discrepancy reports, and test reports; logs entries as required by FCC regulations.
This position helps ready the stations key systems and processes for periods of automated operations and provides systems analysis and solutions toward effective and optimum operations of the radio station. This position coordinates general production, and performs related duties as assigned, including recording, editing, producing and scheduling imaging and promo spots for the radio stations. The position directly supports the production, scheduling and distribution of local and national news, feature, commentary, interview, promotion and fundraising-related content for the radio stations. The position could also serve as voice-over and voice-tracking talent for the station.
- PBS39 is a 50-year young non-profit located 90 minutes from Manhattan and 60 minutes from Philadelphia in the rapidly growing Lehigh Valley of Pennsylvania. The organization is beginning an exciting new era called WLVT 3.0, and seeks talented and energetic team members for these transformational new enterprises that will ensure a community that is engaged, inspired and vibrant.
- Mission Statement: PBS39 acts as the catalyst to promote civic engagement, and to fulfill the regional needs of the Greater Lehigh Valley through its dynamic communication platforms and resources.
EXPERIENCE NEEDED TO QUALIFY FOR THE POSITION
- A minimum 5 years professional experience in radio operations, broadcasting, journalism, audio production or a related field
- Requires strong time management skills and technical skills, demonstrable experience with writing and producing audio content for an NPR-based public radio news and information format, and familiarity with journalism standards and ethics
- Knowledge of FCC rules and requirements
- Experience with computers, radio automation systems, audience data systems, and digital production and editing is required.
MAJOR JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provide support and assistance for daily station and program operations.
- Manage ENCO automation, including daily and specialty programming playlist templates
- Weekly program ingestion, including the Public Radio Satellite System (PRSS)
- Provide production planning and coordination, scheduling, and technical support for programming, news, commentary, arts, promotion, membership, and underwriting and corporate sponsorship.
- Record, edit, produce, and schedule station imaging and promotion spots.
- Coordinate and work with engineers on transmission technology and broadcast equipment maintenance at the station
- Maintain quarterly online Public File and File quarterly reports for SoundExchange and BMI reporting
- Improve systems analysis and solutions, and coordination, scheduling and technical support of all areas of regular and special operations and production.
- Deliver reliable and consistent backup and support for key station and program operations during attended and unattended operations, and greater periods of unattended automated operations.
- Provide production support and assistance to staff, and NPR, BBC and other national programs and international news gathering and journalism organizations, when they seek our production assistance.
- Serve as fill-in board operator to ensure uninterrupted high standard of listener service.
- Produce promotional announcements for station programming
- Maintain compliance with all company policies and procedures.
- Monitor emerging technologies that might benefit the station
OTHER JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
- Perform other duties as assigned.
MINIMUM DEGREE/TRAINING REQUIRED TO PERFORM POSITION’S RESPONSIBILITIES
- A college degree in media, broadcasting or journalism, or equivalent training/education/experience
- Experience with PRSS/Content Depot, ENCO, Wheatstone network systems, CMS, Adobe Audition, Nielsen, and Traffic System are strongly desired
- Must be able to work longer and irregular hours as well as weekends when requested.
No phone calls, please.
Send via email to: email@example.com
Include “Director – Radio Operations” in subject line.
PBS39 is an equal opportunity employer.