U.S. News & World Report is a digital first media company dedicated to helping consumers and business professionals make important decisions. We publish independent reporting, rankings, data journalism and advice that has earned the trust of our readers and users for more than 85 years.
As a trusted authority providing empowerment and guidance that improves the quality of life for consumers and communities, U.S. News ultimately leads to better life decisions.
Your role in helping us shape the future:
U.S. News empowers everyone to thrive. In this position you will have the opportunity to leverage your strengths and skills to help people make smart decisions about the things that really matter. The 360 Reviews Editor will cover consumer and business products and services, using our unique 360 approach of unbiased, data-driven reviews. The 360 Reviews team operates as a startup within the larger U.S. News organization, giving it a fast-moving, innovative culture, along with the stability of an established and respected media company. 360 Editors have the opportunity to have real impact on the development and direction of a U.S. News product.
Collaborating with an enthusiastic team of product managers, SEO analysts and editors, the 360 Reviews Editor will establish, manage and edit content that includes in-depth guides and product profile pages.
Are you up to the challenge?
- Develop and manage a stable of top-notch freelancer writers
- Collaborate with the rankings team to create accurate and useful ratings for products and services
- Create content templates and outlines that maximize SEO
- Assign content to freelance writers
- Fact check content
- Edit 360 review content, guides and profile pages for flow, consistency, tone, audience, brevity and accuracy
- Copy edit content for grammar, spelling, AP style, punctuation, keywords and formatting
- Test product pages and content to ensure top-quality, error-free work
You should definitely have:
- Burning desire to help consumers and business make smart decisions
- 2-4 years of professional editing experience, plus strong copy editing skills
- Ability to edit content for multiple subjects concurrently
- Capability to learn new subjects quickly
- Familiarity with working with freelancers, including managing assignments and invoices
- Experience working with online content management systems
- Expertise and prior experience using AP style
- Moderate knowledge of search engine optimization best practices
- Excellent communication and organization skills
- Self-starter who can identify opportunities to improve content and better engage our audience
- Ability to collaborate and work with cross-functional teams
It would be nice if you had:
- Experience working in or covering the B2B marketplace and products
- Basic understanding of data analysis
What it’s like to work with us:
Talent is our best asset! We invest in people with passion and potential who understand U.S. News’ dedication to our consumers.
- Entrepreneurial, mission-driven culture with core values of quality and integrity
- Focus on fostering personal and professional growth
- Competitive benefits including paid vacation time, medical, tuition reimbursement, and training
- Collaborative Work Environment ~ Fun, diverse, inclusive and ambitious co-workers
These statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this job. This is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of employees assigned to this job.