We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
U.S. News & World Report is a multifaceted digital media company dedicated to helping citizens, consumers, business leaders and policy officials make important decisions in their lives. We publish independent reporting, rankings, data journalism and advice that has earned the trust of our readers and users for nearly 90 years. Our platforms on usnews.com include Education, Health, Money, Travel, Cars, News and 360 Reviews.
We reach more than 40 million people monthly during moments when they are most in need of expert advice and motivated to act on that advice directly on our platforms. Our signature franchises include our “Best” series of consumer guides on colleges, graduate schools, hospitals, diets, cars, financial services and more. These guides provide an easy-to-digest list for consumers to better understand and compare when making their decisions. We continue to publish annual guides of the authoritative Best Colleges and Best Hospitals rankings on our website and in print. And our U.S. News Live flagship conferences highlight important national conversations including Healthcare of Tomorrow and Healthiest Communities.
Your role in helping us shape the future:
In this position, you will use your editing and writing skills to help readers choose the best credit card or loan for them.
You’ll be responsible for editing and updating credit card and lender profiles; core guides on topics like debt consolidation loans, student loans, mortgages, rewards credit cards and balance transfer credit cards; and other content to support our credit cards and loans personal finance products. In addition, you’ll be reporting and writing quick hit pieces about trends in the credit cards and loans industry. By employing journalistic judgement and search engine optimization best practices, you’ll also have the opportunity to help guide our coverage in this area.
Are you up to the challenge?
- You should be a nimble editor and writer who is skilled at juggling several assignments at once.
- You should feel comfortable editing for flow, consistency, tone, audience, brevity, accuracy and SEO.
- Producing error-free work should be a priority. Responsibilities in this role include fact checking and testing pages associated with our lists.
- Teamwork should be one of your strengths. This position involves working closely with an enthusiastic, highly collaborative team of editors in a fast-paced digital environment.
You should definitely have:
- 4-6 years of professional editing experience at a media company
- Strong copy editing skills
- Experience analyzing data and incorporating data into content
- Ability to edit content for multiple projects simultaneously
- Ability to prioritize assignments and meet deadlines
- Experience editing in a content management system
- Expertise and prior experience using AP style
- Knowledge of search engine optimization best practices
- Excellent communication and organization skills
- Ability to identify opportunities to improve content and better engage our audience
- Ability to collaborate with multiple teams
- Journalism or related degree or equivalent experience
It would be nice if you had:
- Experience with project management
- Experience covering personal finance, credit cards or loans
- Experience using Google Docs and Sheets
- Familiarity with SEMRush
- Experience with traffic analytics tools
What it’s like to work with us:
- Talent is our best asset!
- We invest in people with passion and potential who understand U.S. News’ dedication to our consumers.
- Entrepreneurial, mission-driven culture with core values of quality and integrity
- Focus on fostering personal and professional growth
- Competitive benefits including paid vacation time, medical, tuition reimbursement and training
- Collaborative work environment – fun, diverse, inclusive and ambitious co-workers
Other Job Info:
- These statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this job. This is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of employees assigned to this job.
- Please note that we will not offer visa sponsorship for this position.
- Submit a resume and cover letter for consideration.
ABOUT THE ORGANIZATION
U.S. News & World Report is a publisher of news and information that empowers people to make better, more informed decisions about important issues affecting their lives.