Mashable’s Tech team is seeking an ambitious and tech-savvy Editorial Fellow for summer 2020 to start in July. As a fellow focusing on technology news, you’ll have the opportunity to work with and learn from Mashable’s editorial leadership in the company’s New York City headquarters.
We’re looking for someone who is obsessed with technology — the gadgets, the social networks, and the culture around it all. The ideal candidate thrives on tight deadlines and a fast pace who can still raise a skeptical eye to check all facts, assumptions, and presuppositions. They want to work within a collaborative team surrounded by people as into tech as them.
The Day to Day:
- Pitching, writing, and reporting stories
- Thinking as a storyteller in multiple ways, including text, visuals, social conversation
- Coordinating with team members, editors, writers, and illustrators on your stories
- Adapting stories for different social networks and platforms (e.g. Snapchat, Twitter, Facebook Video, Facebook Live, etc.)
- Engaging with Mashable’s sizable audience, wherever it is
- Assisting with video content, live broadcasts, podcasting, and other multimedia projects
- Help keep Mashable’s Tech Channel organized and running smoothly
- Hard worker with a positive attitude
- Familiarity and strong interest in technology
- Knows a story when they see it
- Team player: You know when to ask for help, and ask to help
- Strong social media presence, especially on Snapchat
- Enthusiasm for Mashable’s core coverage areas: tech, culture, and entertainment
- Know your way around a CMS
- Strong grasp of grammar and AP Style
- Minimum availability of 35 hours a week (this is a full-time fellowship)
- Based in NYC or SF, but will be virtual
*Mashable Fellowships are Paid*
Mashable is a global media and entertainment company that’s passionate about culture and tech. With smart, spirited coverage of stories that keep people talking, Mashable reaches an audience of 70 million monthly users who can’t get enough of the ideas, people, and products they love. Together, our ideas shape the future. Obsess with us.
Ziff Media Group is committed to diversity and encourages members of traditionally underrepresented communities to apply.