- 5-7 Work samples
- At least 3 references
This position is responsible for designing and producing graphic design projects, coordinating projects and managing and tracking the photography and videography for the Communications Department. This position works as a team member in support of the Puyallup Tribe of Indians.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Design and produce graphic projects including advertisements, invitations, fliers, posters, bookmarks, postcards, newsletters, rack cards, forms, reports, signage and digital graphics.
- Design pages for the Puyallup Tribal News.
- Prepare PowerPoint and similar presentations and visual aids, and provide audiovisual support for public meetings, presentations, etc.
- Coordinate with outside agencies and vendors to negotiate print and graphic project deadlines, price estimates and execution to ensure projects are completed on time and within budget.
- Print fliers, posters, etc., in-house as needed. Photography & Videography
- Maintain and manage comprehensive digital photo/video libraries
- Respond to public relations and outside media requests for photos and video clips.
- Coordinate photo and video sessions as needed.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and Experience
HS Diploma or GED required. Must demonstrate the ability to successfully perform job duties. Must provide previous graphic design work samples. Experience creating design layouts.
Beginner to intermediate knowledge of word processing is required. Knowledge of graphic design software (Adobe Creative software including InDesign, Photoshop and Illustrator is preferred).
Must have experience in maintaining confidentiality of sensitive information.
Ability to read, analyze and interpret general business instructions and procedure manuals. Ability to follow oral instructions and write news and feature stories using correct English, grammar, spelling, punctuation and vocabulary.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ration and percentages.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
Must have and maintain a valid and unrestricted Washington State driver’s license and proof of insurance. Driver’s License restrictions must not prevent the employee from complying with the Tribe’s Vehicle Use Policy or driving a GSA vehicle.
Must have reliable transportation.
This position must be able to work with all levels of personnel within the Organization and with clients and vendors.
Skills in developing and articulating visual concepts.
Must demonstrate strong communication skills, both written and oral. Must demonstrate an eye for detail.
Must be able to multi-task and set priorities. Must be able to work long hours and carry an unpredictable schedule.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Requires the ability to operate a personal computer, multi-line telephone, calculator, facsimile and photocopier.
- Requires the ability to read, write, communicate, and interpret information accurately in English.
- Requires the ability to concentrate and consistently produce accurate work.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear.
- The employee frequently is required to stand and walk.
- The employee is frequently required to stand and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The noise level is moderate.
- The physical exertion is low to moderate.
- The employee is frequently exposed to outside weather conditions.
- Exposure to hazardous materials in minimal.
- Requires travel using employee’s own transportation.
The Puyallup Tribe of Indians reserves the right to revise or change job duties and responsibilities as the need arises. This position description does not constitute a written or implied contract of employment.
INDIAN PREFERENCE EMPLOYER AS REQUIRED BY LAW
H O W T O A P P L Y:
Apply online at https://usr55.dayforcehcm.com/CandidatePortal/en-US/ptoiad or visit the Puyallup Tribe’s website at http://www.puyallup-tribe.com/ and select ‘Employment’ at the top of the page.
If you have any questions about the online application, please call (253) 573-7863 or email email@example.com.
|Job Category||Graphic Design|