Code for America believes government can work for the people, by the people, in the 21st century. We build open source technology and organize a network of people dedicated to making government services simple, effective, and easy to use.
Our employees build and transform government services, making them so good they inspire change. We merge the best parts of technology, non-profit, and government to help support the people who need it most. With a focus on diversity, equity, inclusion, and deep empathy for both government and the people government serves, we’re building a movement of motivated change agents driven by meaningful results and lasting impact. At Code for America you will contribute to meaningful work while learning and developing in a supportive and flexible environment. Our compensation and benefits are holistic and thoughtfully curated to represent our employees and our mission. Come help us drive real generational change that lasts.
Code for America is looking for a talented Integrated Marketing Project Manager who will partner with each team member to ensure that projects and priorities are tracked in Asana and executed based on timelines and scopes of work. You will ensure that content briefs are complete, timelines are developed, tasks are assigned, and tracked from start to finish.
About the Role:
In this role, you are the glue that holds the marketing team together. You ensure that our priorities come together and are executed with precision. As a project manager, the process is your thing, and you’ll own those strategies and workflows from end-to-end.
You will report to the Director of Marketing who is responsible for overseeing marketing priorities at Code for America.
This role’s contract will be evaluated for conversion to FTE after 6 months.
In this position you will:
- Manage all tasks, projects, and campaigns within Asana, ensuring they’re up to date on a daily basis and that all changes/updates are tracked
- Ensure seamless execution and workflow management for marketing campaigns, creative requests, and additional cross-functional projects
- Increase team productivity (and reduce stress) by efficiently managing resources to balance workload
- Detail-oriented with an eye for proofreading, grammar, and punctuation
- Participate in daily team meetings to assess project priority and bandwidth of the marketing team
- Support the process of documenting process and procedures where needed
- Help foster a culture of accountability and collaboration by having clear goals and deliverables
- Set campaign objectives, KPIs, and goals; deliver monthly reporting and post-mortem analysis; Uses data to analyze the effectiveness of marketing programs and find optimizations as well as new opportunities.
- Tackle complex and ambiguous problems with a strategic mindset; creates thoughtful and tactical action plans for solving those problems.
- Build partnerships and strong relationships across departments
- 2-4 years of project management experience for in house, agency or start-up focused role
- Experience defining and managing team workflow in Asana and Jira
- Familiarity with marketing initiatives and goals
- Outstanding interpersonal skills
- Strong attention to detail and organizational skills
- Experience with creative teams in either the tech or nonprofit space
- A proactive approach to projects, no task is too small.
- Versatile, able to be self-directed, get stuff done and work in a dynamic startup environment
- Ability to tackle complex problems with a strategic mindset and a thoughtful, creative, proactive approach
It’s a bonus point if you have:
- Experience in equity and justice
- Experience working with a social impact-focused product team
- Experience working in government
- Experience with agile product development and working in iterative planning cycles
What you’ll get:
- Full benefits package with medical, dental and vision plans
- A collaborative, hardworking and fun environment
- Leadership and teammates who value Equity, Inclusion, and Diversity
- Professional development includes bi annual 360 review process
- A manager and org-wide structure that supports and enables professional development
- Compensation: Code for America’s salary bands are transparent internally as a part of our commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion. We extend this to our hiring process. This role at this level is ranged from $70,000 – $90,000 in yearly salary. As a part of our equitable hiring practices, we target the median for all new hires. The median for this role is $80,000. These ranges and the target are for the San Francisco/ Bay Area market and subject to adjustment for cost of living differentials.
Equal Employment Opportunity:
Code for America values a diverse, equitable, and inclusive workplace and strongly encourages women, people of color, LGBTQ+ folks, people with disabilities, members of ethnic minorities, foreign-born residents, and veterans to apply. Code for America is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will not be discriminated against because of race, color, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, religion, national origin, citizenship status, disability, ancestry, marital status, veteran status, medical condition or any protected category prohibited by local, state or federal laws.