KABC Newswriter/Newscast Producer
ABC (Glendale, California)
ABC7 Los Angeles is looking to hire a staff Newswriter/Newscast Producer to join Southern California’s news leader. Do you have the ability to write stories and produce newscasts with emotional and visual impact in a collaborative and innovative newsroom? Candidates must be great writers and storytellers who also understand the role that digital, streaming and social media play in reaching viewers and creating high-impact content. ABC7 is focused on owning big story coverage and serving a diverse audience in the second largest market in the country, and we are looking for people to help us make that happen every day.
- Write and produce for newscasts as assigned
- Edit video and booth newscasts
- Work with reporters, editors, directors, and others to shape stories and newscasts
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience.
- Must be a self-starter, have great news judgement, thrive on breaking news and deadline pressure.
- Efficient and excellent writer.
- Organized, collaborative and good at managing people and resources.
- Must have an eye for impact, relevance and moments that connect with viewers.
- Effectively use social media to gather and distribute news.
- Must be willing to work overnight.
- Knowledge of Dalet, non-linear editing, and Ross XPression.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- The pay range for this NABET Union role in Glendale, California is $21.72 to $38.03 per hour.
- The role also has potential for additional compensation for overtime, producing, and early morning or overnight shifts.
- The base pay actually offered may vary depending on the candidate’s job-related knowledge, skills, and experience among other factors.
Please apply online at www.abc7.com/jobs or send resume to: ABC7 Los Angeles, Attn: HR, Dept. NWP/naja 500 Circle Seven Drive, Glendale, CA 91201. Equal Opportunity Employer – Female/Minority/Veteran/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.