Discover where your talent fits best at ALM…
At ALM, we’re reinventing the way professionals use information, news, data, marketing solutions and events to manage the business of business. That requires creativity, collaboration and innovation. Headquartered in New York City with 18 offices worldwide, ALM brands have been serving their markets since 1843. Join our team of talented ALMers working to create exceptional experience for our audiences and customers across the globe.
ABOUT THE TEAM: As part of ALM’s global newsroom, the litigation team is focused on covering the news, trends and issues involving the most important cases and legal trends in federal and state courts. We put a premium on reporting on trends, problems and anomalies, while also tracking the key lawyers, judges and other players shaping the litigation landscape. It’s about covering trials, what wins them, what loses them, where things will go next for lawyers and their clients, and what’s going on in the courts.
ALM Media, publisher of The American Lawyer, The National Law Journal, and Fulton County Daily Report, is looking to hire an Atlanta-based Litigation Reporter who loves talking to sources, knows how to mine a beat for scoops and can find insights in legal stories that are often well covered by mainstream news outlets. This is a high-profile assignment for a reporter who wants to write for a state and national audience. We are looking for an individual who is equipped to break news covering state and federal litigation, deliver analysis and quick enterprise treatments, as well as long-form features on issues and trends in Georgia and beyond. This is an opportunity to join one of the most visible and fastest growing premier Business-to-Business media companies in the country.
- Produce breaking news stories on rolling deadlines for readers of the Daily Report in Georgia and other major legal industry markets.
- Write authoritatively on litigation issues of critical interest to legal industry professionals.
- Develop sources, establish and broaden a base of contacts.
- Produce enterprise articles, including features and investigative pieces, while juggling daily news commitments.
- Work well in a team environment with colleagues in Pennsylvania and around the world.
- Must be able to write clearly, concisely, engagingly and authoritatively—and on a deadline.
- Must be able to establish and nurture relationships with lawyers, judges and lawmakers.
- Must thrive in a fast-paced environment and have the ability to juggle a stream of daily stories on tight deadlines with features and analysis.
- Must be capable of writing 2-3 stories a day and an average at least one quick-turnaround enterprise story a week.
- Must have a positive, can-do attitude
- Must have good communication and time management skills and be a team player good at collaboration
- Must be creative, curious and enthusiastic about using social platforms, video, interactive data, and other digital tools to enhance reporting and connect with readers.
- Ideally, 2-3 years’ experience in a daily news environment and some experience with legal or business journalism is preferred, though recent grads are welcome.