With the growing membership of KCUR and the recent launch of a new classical radio service, KCUR is seeking an individual with demonstrated experience in constituent and database management.
Basic function and responsibility
The data specialist will maintain KCUR’s Allegiance database which includes gift entry, reporting, and other data-related functions to maintain the optimum performance of a donor database.
In addition, the data specialist will be the first and—in most cases—primary point of contact for donors. Successful candidates must have the ability to develop and maintain relationships with a wide variety of constituents.
- Process all gifts to KCUR and Classical KC received in the mail or online into Allegiance database.
- Monitor membership phone line and email inbox to answer general member communications and direct them to the appropriate staff member for help.
- Assist with donor gift acknowledgements by printing and mailing thank you letters.
- Generate Cash Receipt Reports (CRRs) within UM System Applications for credit card donations.
- Responsible for creating and printing thank you letters for membership department.
- Create and maintain online donation pages through Allegiance.
- Maintain the ethical standards of fundraising including donor privacy.
- Maintain data integrity, including working with database vendor and other staff to set standards of data upkeep and to regularly clean the database.
- Maintain audit compliance with regard to donor documentation and gift processing procedures.
- Responsible for generating regular donor reports as needed.
- Serve as liaison to the UMKC Gift Processing Office.
- Assist with member communications, both written and electronic.
- Along with the membership team, plan and facilitate annual, on-air membership drives for KCUR and Classical KC.
- Support additional fundraising, volunteer, and outreach activities.
- Other duties as assigned.
An Associate’s degree or an equivalent combination of education and experience and at least 2 years of experience from which comparable knowledge and skills can be acquired is necessary.
- Three years of experience in database and constituent management in a fundraising environment.
- Three years of experience in donor relations or closely related field.
- Proficiency in fundraising software.
$15.29 – $20.00/hr, to commensurate with experience and education
KCUR offers competitive benefits and a flexible work environment, and participates in the UMKC’s Total Reward program. Benefits include health, dental and vision insurance with generous paid vacation, personal and sick time.
July 4, 2022
How to Apply
Applicants must combine all application materials (cover letter, resume, and list of five references with contact information) into one PDF or Microsoft Word document and upload as a resume attachment.
Limit document name to 50 characters. Maximum size limit is 11MB. Do not include special characters (e.g., /, &, %, etc.).
If you are experiencing technical problems, please call (800) 488-5288.
Note, you must provide a description of job duties for each Work Experience entry on your application. Please carefully review the application instructions section of our Careers page prior to submitting your materials.