New Mexico PBS is looking for an experienced journalist to join our team as Multimedia Producer/Director of our weekly public affairs show, New Mexico in Focus. The show reaches more than 800,000 households each week across the state and provides ongoing, thoughtful analysis and coverage of issues important to communities across New Mexico. We have the time to dig deeper than most news programs, and both the direction and desire to follow emerging issues as they develop. Interested candidates should have a strong knowledge of public affairs issues in the state, and a commitment to diversity and creativity. This position assists in all aspects of the show, from identifying topics, booking guests, preparing scripts and questions, conducting on-air interviews, and ensuring the accuracy of on-air graphics, etc. In addition, the position is responsible for contributing to the online and social media coverage of the show, working closely with the station’s communication and marketing employees in that effort. The producer/director will also provide clear production direction and creative input to the production staff, including other producers/directors, interns and volunteers.
Possession of a valid New Mexico driver’s license is a requirement for this job.
High school degree or GED; at least 5 years of experience that is directly related to the duties and responsibilities specified.
Completed degree(s) from an accredited institution that are above the minimum education requirement may be substituted for experience on a year for year basis.
- Candidate must have a strong journalistic background and code of standards that drives the coverage of the show
- Experience in production segments for a magazine-style show, including selection of relevant topics, well-developed research skills, and exceptional interview abilities
- Candidate will be asked to conduct some on-air interviews as well. On-air experience is required.
- Ability to create, compose and edit written materials, both for broadcast, and online.
- Experience with professional audio/video and staging techniques, facilities and equipment.
- Proficiency in professional auditor and/or video tape editing, production and post-production procedures, techniques and standards
- Strong communication and project management experience
- Ability to make deadlines and organize resources a must
Minimum up to $4,078.53 monthly, DOE
This is a benefits eligible position. The University of New Mexico provides a comprehensive package of benefits including medical, dental, vision, and life insurance. In addition, UNM offers educational benefits through the tuition remission and dependent education programs. See the Benefits home page for a more information.
Temporary and on-call employees working an appointment percentage of 26 (.26 FTE) or greater, per quarter, will be eligible to earn retirement service credits and thus are required to make New Mexico Educational Retirement Board (NMERB) contributions. More information pertaining to your FTE and NMERB contributions can be reviewed on the NMERB Guidelines Clarified webpage.