About the Role
As a Reporter at Knowhere, you will write multiple national interest stories each day on government, politics, business, science and the environment, and other significant news developments in the U.S. and the world. You will work closely with the Managing Editor to choose and write stories that inform and keep up to date the fast-growing readership of our flagship daily newsletter, The Brief. The ideal candidate will bring a strong interest in national and global affairs, attention to detail and an objective approach to covering the news. We are looking for a curious and knowledgeable reporter with a proven track record covering national stories, writing impartially and thinking creatively about news reporting.
We are building a technology supported news team with high journalistic standards dedicated to accurate, fair and unbiased coverage of the news. The successful candidate will join a small and committed team and have an opportunity to help build a new kind of newsroom for the 21st century.
- Report news stories daily across variety of topics with tight deadlines
- Collaborate with developers, engineers, designers, and editors on innovative news products
- Full-time position that includes varied start times as well as weekend, evening and holiday work
- Minimum 7 years of experience as a reporter at a high-integrity news publication(s) covering politics, diplomacy, disasters, business, economics, markets, tech, people stories and/or sports
- High journalistic standards, deadline-driven coverage, attention to detail, a commitment to accuracy, fairness and impartiality
- Knowledge of AP style and a clear, concise approach to writing should be demonstrated in your clips
- Comprehensive insurance – health, dental, vision – plans
- Flexible time away, paid holidays, and paid sick days
- Fun and educational company-wide events
- The opportunity to make a positive impact in our mission-driven, diverse and collaborative team, as well as on the lives of our readers
Knowhere is a news organization embracing technology to discover, understand, and break the news – faster, more accurately, and more objectively than we could as journalists operating alone. Knowhere uses machine learning to help journalists and readers get as close to the truth as possible.
Knowhere is committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce that represents the local, national and global communities we serve. We believe diversity at all levels of our organization is a prerequisite to deliver on our commitments to the public. We strongly encourage women, people of color, veterans, people with disabilities, and gender nonconforming candidates to apply.
Knowhere, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of an individual’s sex, age, race, color, creed, national origin, alienage, religion, marital status, pregnancy, sexual orientation or affectional preference, gender identity and expression, disability, genetic trait or predisposition, carrier status, citizenship, veteran or military status and other personal characteristics protected by law.
Applications should be sent to Knowhere Chief of Staff Emily Searles at: email@example.com with the job title in the email subject.