Are you a dynamic News Producer who wants to create, organize content for multiple platforms, tell stories with integrity, live the principles of journalism, make our communities stronger and the world around us better? If so, come join us at WRTV in Indianapolis, IN, where we are continuing to create the future of our industry in local communities!
We are a community of welcoming, mission-focused and lively people that continue to grow as we grow our company and rise to our full potential in every aspect of our business.
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
- Develop and organize newscasts or local programs; responsible for writing, story development and showcasing.
- Collaborate with reporters, anchors, news managers and assignment editors to determine content needs.
- Enhance the content with graphics, video, research, and station branding.
- Execute time sensitive decisions.
- Responsible for oversight of live broadcast and up to the minute editorial decisions.
- Perform desktop editing.
- Post content to station’s websites.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
WHAT YOU’LL NEED:
- Bachelor’s degree in Journalism or related field, or equivalent experience.
- Minimum of 2 years of experience as a television writer or producer.
WHAT YOU’LL BRING:
- Avid local news consumer: knows daily news, events, trends and happenings on a local level.
- Strong vision and ability to advance stories.
- Excellent interpersonal communicator.
- Extraordinarily passionate about writing; courageous and creative storyteller with attention to even tiny details – choosing the perfect words, grammar, spelling.
- Highly organized.
- Highly adaptable – fast paced, deadline driven environment.
- Strong self-motivation.
- Working knowledge of journalistic ethics and libel laws and strong editorial judgement.
- Able to use web analytics.
- Strong editorial, journalistic, and communication skills.
- Proficient with newsroom computer systems, MS Office a plus.
SCRIPPS’ COMMITMENT TO EQUITY, DIVERSITY AND INCLUSION:
At Scripps, we are committed to a diverse and inclusive culture that reflects the communities we serve. We are intentional about creating an environment where employees, our audiences and other stakeholders feel valued and inspired to reach their full potential and make authentic connections. We foster a workplace culture that embraces each person’s diversity, including the extent to which they are similar or different. Scripps leaders believe that an equitable and inclusive culture is not only the right thing to do, it is a business imperative. Read more about our commitment to equity, diversity and inclusion at scripps.com.
The E.W. Scripps Company (NASDAQ: SSP) is a diversified media company focused on creating a better-informed world. As the nation’s fourth-largest local TV broadcaster, Scripps serves communities with quality, objective local journalism and operates a portfolio of 61 stations in 41 markets. The Scripps Networks reach nearly every American through the national news outlets Court TV and Newsy and popular entertainment brands ION, Bounce, Grit, Laff and Court TV Mystery. Scripps is the nation’s largest holder of broadcast spectrum. Scripps runs an award-winning investigative reporting newsroom in Washington, D.C., and is the longtime steward of the Scripps National Spelling Bee. Founded in 1878, Scripps has held for decades to the motto, “Give light and the people will find their own way.”
As an equal employment opportunity employer, The E.W. Scripps Company and its affiliates do not discriminate in its employment decisions on the basis of race, sex, sexual orientation, transgender status, gender, color, religion, age, genetic information, medical condition, disability, marital status, citizenship or national origin, and military membership or veteran status, or on any other basis which would be in violation of any applicable federal, state or local law. Furthermore, the company will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with known disabilities unless doing so would result in an undue hardship for the company.