Northwest Public Broadcasting is looking for an individual with strong news reporting skills to produce network-quality news and feature reports. This position will work with a regional news team to gather, write, and produce multi-platform spots and features about the local region.
This position is located in Tacoma, Washington.
- Position requires a Bachelor’s degree in broadcasting, mass communications, or closely related field, and two (2) years of radio broadcast and/or news reporting experience, which has included experience in gathering, writing, editing, and producing news and feature reports.
- Fluent oral and written communication skills in English.
- Possession of, or ability to obtain at time of hire, a valid, unrestricted driver’s license.
- Experience publishing and/or maintaining websites.
- Experience or training in new technologies for the gathering and delivery of news.
- Experience in podcasting in a production role.
- Using social media in a news environment.
$4,386.85 – $5,483.56 | In accordance with RCW 49.58.110, the above salary reflects the full salary range for this position. Individual placement within the range is based on the candidate’s current experience, education, skills, and abilities related to the position. Successful candidates typically begin up to mid-point of the salary range. For additional information, please review WSU’s Administrative Professional Compensation. WSU offers a comprehensive benefits package which includes paid sick and vacation leave; paid holidays; medical, dental, life and disability insurance package for employees and dependents; retirement; deferred compensation and optional supplemental retirement accounts. For additional information, please review the detailed Summary of Benefits offered by WSU for AP staff and Total Compensation.
- Applicants must upload the following required documents to their online application.
- Please upload all documents in the “Resume/CV” section of your application.
- Documents may be submitted in one file or separate files. Applicants are encouraged to upload as a PDF if possible.
- Applicants will be requested to provide contact information for professional references within the online application.
- Application materials should clearly communicate how the applicant meets all required qualifications and additional requirements.
- Cover letter
- Sample of work
WASHINGTON STATE UNIVERSITY IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY/AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EDUCATOR AND EMPLOYER. Members of ethnic minorities, women, special disabled veterans, veterans of the Vietnam-era, recently separated veterans, and other protected veteran, persons of disability and/or persons age 40 and over are encouraged to apply.
WSU employs only U.S. citizens and lawfully authorized non-U.S. citizens. All new employees must show employment eligibility verification as required by the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services.
WSU is committed to providing access and reasonable accommodation in its services, programs, activities, education and employment for individuals with disabilities. To request disability accommodation in the application process, contact Human Resource Services: 509-335-4521 (v), Washington State TDD Relay Service: Voice Callers: 1-800-833-6384; TDD Callers: 1-800-833-6388, 509-335-1259(f), or firstname.lastname@example.org.