Pioneer PBS, located in beautiful Granite Falls, MN, invites applications for the position of President and General Manager. This position is responsible for the overall vision, leadership, strategic direction and success of Pioneer PBS. Working closely with Board of Directors and other community and public sector leaders, this position provides leadership and direction in the strategic development and funding of programs and activities.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Embrace Pioneer PBS’ values, vision and strategic mission, and actively work towards implementing its goals of inclusion and diversity
- Serve as the public face of Pioneer PBS and be the lead promoter in our broadcast communities
- Review financial statements, Direct business activities, Coordinate day-to-day operations of the station
- Direct or coordinate financial or budget activities to fund operations, maximize investments, or increase efficiency
- Manage the creation and execution of the organization’s overall annual operating plan and budget in a way that results in fiscal stability and health as determined by the annual financial audit
- Ensure compliance with all CPB grant regulations, state grant requirements, FCC rules, IRS rules, financial security guidelines, insurance requirements, and nonprofit good governance principles
- Represent Pioneer’s interest to PBS and other public service media organizations and associations
- Serve on the board of directors for the Minnesota Public Television Association (MPTA), and the Friends of MPTA
- Oversee the strategic direction for the station, based on strategic plans and direction from the board of directors
- Lead a staff of 25, including a management team of seven, to create an effective, positive and respectful workplace for all
- Act as the station’s primary liaison with the Minnesota State Legislature
- Engage in facilitating relationship-based philanthropy in support of fundraising goals
- Manage relationships or agreements for content distribution (cable, satellite, OTT, online, other providers or distributors)
- Stay current with technological trends affecting the creation and distribution of content, and with related business and nonprofit trends
- Participate actively in on-air fundraising or other on-air work as needed
For more detail, including the Knowledge, Skills and Abilities of the successful candidate, please visit the online posting where you apply here.
Experience and requirements
- Minimum five years of experience in leadership positions
- Demonstrated skills in public presentations
- Demonstrated integrity via a strong record of proven accountability to internal and external constituencies
- Experience in electronic media environments
- Experience with government relations
- BA in communications or equivalent experience
- Experience in working with boards, particularly in highly visible nonprofit organizations
- Demonstrated skill in fiscal management, human resources, and public presentations
Reports to: Board Chairman and Board of Directors
Direct Reports: Station Manager/Director of Engineering, Communications Director, Finance Director, Individual Planned & Major Gifts Director
HOW TO APPLY:
Pioneer PBS is being assisted in this search by Livingston Associates. Inquiries are welcome with Livingston Associates. For consideration, please visit the full job posting and apply online here.
The deadline is April 19, 2020.
Pioneer PBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer