Knowhere is looking for a versatile journalist to lead coverage in our soon-to-launch Riverside Bureau. You will be expected to write and edit our daily newsletter while establishing Knowhere’s presence in Riverside and surrounding communities. The successful candidate will be an independent, self-motivated reporter and writer. It will be their job to create a new, fact-based, and unbiased news organization in Riverside. They will have at least 2 years of experience as a professional journalist, demonstrated news judgement, a commitment to accuracy, fairness and impartiality, and a capacity for hard work. They will also be curious and excited about new approaches to covering and publishing the news, fascinated by what’s going on at the intersection of technology and the news and at ease with social media’s role in journalism.
- Report, write and publish at least 5 local news stories a day.
- Create and publish a daily newsletter covering Riverside, Moreno Valley, Jurupa Valley and Corona, California, five days a week
- Work with Knowhere’s senior editors to shape coverage and create a compelling newsletter and website
- Coordinate product and growth teams to grow our audience
- Maximize the impact of our artificial intelligence news gathering system
- Minimum 2 years experience as professional journalist
- Outstanding writing, editing, and verbal communication skills
- Experience with social media platforms, including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, SnapChat and others.
- Comfortable with tight deadlines, long hours and independent work
- Bachelors is required – journalism majors preferred
- Familiarity and enthusiasm for Knowhere and the value we are bringing to our readers
- Comprehensive insurance – health, dental, vision – plans
- Flexible time away, paid holidays, and paid sick days
- Pandemic stipend for remote office setup
- The opportunity to make a positive impact in our mission-driven, diverse and collaborative team, as well as on the lives of our readers
Knowhere is a news organization embracing technology to discover, understand, and break the news – faster, more accurately, and more objectively than we could as journalists operating alone. Knowhere uses machine learning to help journalists and readers get as close to the truth as possible.
Knowhere is committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce that represents the local, national and global communities we serve. We believe diversity at all levels of our organization is a prerequisite to deliver on our commitments to the public. We strongly encourage women, people of color, veterans, people with disabilities, and gender nonconforming candidates to apply. Knowhere, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of an individual’s sex, age, race, color, creed, national origin, alienage, religion, marital status, pregnancy, sexual orientation or affectional preference, gender identity and expression, disability, genetic trait or predisposition, carrier status, citizenship, veteran or military status and other personal characteristics protected by law.
Those interested should apply by emailing Emily Searles at: firstname.lastname@example.org.