Department: Marketing & Communications
Center Background: The Center for Reproductive Rights (the Center) is the premier global litigation and legal policy organization using the power of law to advance reproductive rights as fundamental human rights around the world. Headquartered in New York City, the non-profit, non-partisan organization has regional offices in Bogota, Geneva, Kathmandu, Nairobi, and Washington, DC; a staff of approximately 200 diverse professionals; an annual budget of approximately $40 million with an additional $22 million in donated services from leading law firms around the globe.
The Center’s game-changing litigation and advocacy work, combined with its unparalleled expertise in constitutional, comparative, and international human rights law, have transformed how reproductive rights are understood by courts, governments, and human rights bodies worldwide. It has played a key role in securing landmark legal victories in Africa, Asia, Eastern Europe, Latin America, and the United States on issues including access to life-saving obstetrics care, contraception, safe abortion services, and comprehensive sexuality information, as well as the prevention of forced sterilization and child marriage. It has brought groundbreaking cases before national courts, U.N. Committees, and regional human rights bodies, led the development of historic, proactive legislation advancing robust protections for reproductive rights, and has built the legal capacity of women’s rights advocates in more than 60 countries.
To learn more about the Center for Reproductive Rights, go to www.reproductiverights.org.
The Role: The Senior Digital Content Producer will be a creative, hardworking, and strategically sophisticated professional who will help drive the new direction for the Communications Department during a period of significant change growth. In this individual’s first year with the Center, the Senior Digital Content Producer will play an important role in content ideation for our social media and email channels, the overhaul of the Center’s website with Comms Team Leadership, and develop platform concept ideas that will generate awareness, deepen engagement with key audiences, and drive quantifiable results. The ideal candidate is a creative thinker, strategist, and doer who is up for a challenge.
The successful candidate will be an exceptional written and verbal communicator with strong digital skills, multimedia production experience, strong storytelling track record, data visualization expertise, and strong research experience. Must be a proactive communicator and generator of ideas, who can build strategies and plans for long-term projects as well as deliver high-quality work on quick turnaround.
She/He/They will report to the Digital Director and will work closely with other members of the Communications team, as well as program teams (US and Global) and Development (Fundraising).
This position will be based in New York City.
- Create compelling content for the Center’s institutional channels to achieve brand, strategic plan, and business objectives;
- Closely monitor the news and generate original content ideas tied to the Center’s program objectives that are on brand;
- Play a substantive role in the overhaul of the Center’s website in the first year;
- Contribute to rapid response and breaking news events;
- Conceive and produce enterprise projects and new ideas on a regular basis to identify new opportunities for growth; improve and enhance existing projects like What if Roe Fell? and The World’s Abortion Laws Map;
- Manage and oversee the Center’s storytelling work that is aligned with program strategy and objectives;
- Conduct research grounded in a human rights framework to support communications goals;
- Audit the Center’s content, with other colleagues, and make recommendations to support the development of an original asset library;
- Serve as a trusted partner to the Communications Leadership Team, which is comprised of the CMCO, Deputy Director of Marketing and Communications, Director of Media Relations, Director of Content Strategy & Production, and Digital Director’
- Demonstrate and model the Center’s work culture pillars of working collaboratively, giving and receiving feedback, and accountability; and
- Other duties as assigned
- Superb editing and superior writing skills, with the ability to shape clear and compelling content with precise attention to detail and facts;
- At least 7-10 years of relevant experience, with strong web, video, photo, audio, and design experience
- Excellent news judgment
- Ability to translate complex legal and policy issues into accessible, compelling content for a lay audience
- Creative self-starter with strong work ethic
- Demonstrated ability to effectively oversee multiple projects in a complex cross-disciplinary environment with quick turnaround times
- Sound judgment and expertise on the risk, legal, and ethical issues associated with publishing content and thought leadership on behalf of an organization
- Strong experience and excellent judgment in understanding how third-party content can and should be used for a global non-profit organization
- Strong experience with informed consent
- Exceptional attention to detail and ability to prioritize and multi-task, while driving results
- Strong interpersonal skills, including the confidence to interact with and influence personnel at all levels, responsiveness, flexibility, initiative, decision making, conflict resolution, and tact
- Proven ability to build productive working relationships with colleagues at all levels across an organization
- Strong listening and analytical skills
- A positive team player who is willing to go above and beyond to advance the Center’s mission and to benefit the clients and communities that the Center serves
- Serve as a trusted partner to the Communications Leadership Team, which is comprised of the CMCO, Deputy Director of Marketing and Communications, Director of Media Relations, Director of Content Strategy & Production, and Digital Director
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant field;
- Experience in reproductive rights preferred
- Legal and policy background preferred;
- Technical skills: Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, SharePoint); WordPress; Drupal 8; Adobe Experience Manager (preferred)
- Strategic thinking: Applies big-picture thinking while also focusing on the details of implementation.
- Decisiveness: Consistently makes sound decisions in a timely manner supportive of the Center’s mission, core values, and strategic objectives. Blends vision and judgment.
- Collaboration: Brings a track record of working effectively with various and diverse individuals and groups, and a willingness to actively listen and invite different views and opinions across all levels of the institution to build alignment in support of a common goal.
- Receives and Provides Direct Feedback: Actively gives and requests feedback to and from peers, supervisors and direct reports (If applicable) about work products, behaviors, values, style and approaches with a view on how this impacts self, other individuals and teams.
- Transparency: Consistently applies openness and honesty in communicating decisions and plans to team members.
- Commitment to learn: Applies a growth mentality to their own and their team’s (if applicable) development. Promotes a culture of learning by modeling inquisitiveness and an openness to viewing mistakes as an opportunity to learn and improve.
- Passion for Coaching, and Mentoring Staff: Empowers and motivates employees and creates opportunities for learning, development, and leadership, with a focus on harnessing skills for the future development of team members. (if applicable)
- Accountability: Follows through on each commitment made to individual contributors, teams and partners and proactively informs others of any delays that occur along the way. Holds team members accountable.
- Integrity: Possesses impeccable integrity and personal and professional values that are consistent with the Center’s high standards and mission.
- Empathy: Serves as an empathetic, approachable leader who engenders trust and confidence. (if applicable)
- Adaptability/Flexibility: Demonstrates comfort with ambiguity and calculated risk
Compensation: The Center offers a competitive salary commensurate with experience and a comprehensive benefits program..
How to Apply:
Apply here. Please complete the application at to apply. A cover letter and resume must be included in your application. Please include these application materials as attachments.
Deadline for applications: Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis until the position is filled. Applicants are strongly encouraged to apply as soon as possible.
The Center for Reproductive Rights is an equal opportunity employer, committed to inclusive hiring, and dedicated to diversity in our work and staff. We strongly encourage people from all groups and communities to apply.
Please note that all genuine Center openings must be applied through the Center website. The Center does not charge a fee at any stage in the recruitment process (application, interviews, or selection). Nor does it request any medical examinations or bank account inform as part of this process. If someone contacts you on behalf of the Center requesting payment for your application please notify email@example.com before taking any further action.