Consumer & Culture/Starbucks Stories, Public Relations & Communication, SSC – Seattle, WA
Job Number: (190001667)
US-WA-Seattle-Starbucks Support Center Starbucks – Public Relations and Communications
Social Media Writer: Consumer & Culture/Starbucks Stories team
Geek out over getting more click-through on your latest Instagram Story? Motivated, if a bit exhausted, by the ever-changing Facebook algorithms? Love to write the tweet that is favorited for days?
Do you use your social media writing expertise for work while you mobile-order-and-pay your custom coffee? Do you see value in Real Simple, Pop Sugar and Rolling Stone? Can you see beauty in music and art – and in the new shade of red on those Starbucks holiday cups?
You may be exactly the social media writer and pop culture expert the Starbucks Stories team in the Global Public Affairs and Communications organization is looking for.
This experienced multiplatform journalist will write for all platforms – the Starbucks Stories website and its associated social channels, film scripting, marketing materials and more – while leading the evolution and elevation of the Stories team’s social media discourse. This writer/reporter will highlight inspiring projects, try out new products, profile new musicians – and be the first to identify arts and culture trends, while collaborating across channels and social communities. This proven innovative storyteller will play a pivotal role on the next-generation Starbucks Stories team as the company leans into culturally and socially relevant original content. And, this collaborative colleague will be a key partner with the new Global Communications social strategy and community management team.
This is a unique opportunity to join a forward-thinking, fast-paced, hands-on, results-driven team, as it grows and evolves to most effectively tell global impactful stories. Things happen quickly here and the role demands a team player who thrives in a fast-paced environment. If you love to tell stories in all forms and lead by example, if you’re as fascinated by culture and technology as you are passionate about coffee, then we want to talk to you.
Starbucks is looking for an experienced social media writer with a highly tuned pop-culture consciousness, who has digital writing, reporting and multimedia experience in a major metropolitan market, or at a national news outlet, high-visibility consumer brand or public-facing non-profit organization. This multiplatform journalist will have a proven track record of bringing his or her voice to stories about human and cultural trends. Reporting to the director of storytelling on the Starbucks Stories team.
- In close partnership with the director of storytelling, editor-in-chief and a multifunctional team of writers, social media experts, designers and visual storytellers, evolve and elevate the storytelling and strategy of the Starbucks Stories team.
- Collaborate across the company to conceive of and create compelling globally relevant content with an authentic voice that resonates on social media platforms.
- Work across platforms to grow social, audio and video content and strategy and new multiplatform news offerings.
- Ensure the newsworthiness, intrigue, authenticity, accuracy and timeliness of reported stories, always with the utmost in ethics and accuracy.
- Work with aplomb and on deadline within ambiguity and confidentiality.
- At least three years of experience writing for and growing social media channels, with a focus on human and social trends, consumer goods or pop culture.
- Experience as a reporter/writer with primary responsibility for posting to social media, in a major market or at a national news outlet required; additional experience at a high-visibility consumer brand or public-facing organization preferred.
- An attention to detail in both written and visual contexts and an “always on” newsroom sense of urgency, dependability and accessibility.
- A proven commitment to multiple sourcing, fairness and accuracy paired with a nose for news / keen understanding of audience expectations.
- A gift for collaborating on storytelling for diverse media channels (e.g. written word, video, social media).
- A track record for working successfully in a matrixed, global collaborative setting.
- A bachelor’s degree in journalism, communications, digital media or related field.
- Passion for working at Starbucks and making a difference in the world.
Applicants: Please provide a cover letter, resume and writing samples in your application for this role.
Starbucks and its brands are an equal opportunity employer of all qualified individuals, including minorities, women, veterans and individuals with disabilities. Starbucks will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with all federal, state, and local ordinances.
|Job Category||Communications, Multimedia|