Spectrum is seeking an intern to report and write articles for the Spectrum site. This is an excellent opportunity for a beginning science journalist to cover the fast-moving field of autism. This paid internship has a 24 hour-per-week minimum requirement. The internship is expected to start in May 2023 and will last 3-4 months. The internship will take place at the Simons Foundation’s New York City office.
You will learn how to report and write articles that educate, challenge and inspire our audience of scientists, and you’ll leave with a collection of great clips. A background or strong interest in neuroscience, genetics, cognition and behavior is essential.
- Report and write articles for the Spectrum site
- Perform any other duties or tasks as assigned or required
- Bachelor’s degree
- A background or strong interest in neuroscience, genetics, cognition and behavior.
REQUIRED APPLICATION MATERIALS
- Please submit a resume and cover letter describing your interest in this position.
- This internship pays $18 to $20 per hour, depending on experience.
THE SIMONS FOUNDATION’S DIVERSITY COMMITMENT
Many of the greatest ideas and discoveries come from a diverse mix of minds, backgrounds and experiences, and we are committed to cultivating an inclusive work environment.The Simons Foundation actively seeks a diverse applicant pool and encourages candidates of all backgrounds to apply.We provide equal opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, religion, color, age, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic disposition, neurodiversity, disability, veteran status, or any other protected category under federal, state and local law.