ABC15, Phoenix’s ABC affiliate, is looking for an experienced Traffic Reporter to prepare and present traffic reports across all station platforms including in-studio during live news shows. This is a multimedia reporter role and will be expected to shoot, edit, and report on other topics. Come join us in one of the most ideal places to live in the U.S.
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
The right candidate can multi-task in a fast-paced environment and quickly build relationships in the Arizona transportation community. Broadcast, digital, and social media experience are all required. The qualified candidate will identify daily enterprise traffic stories for web and on-air newscast showcase, perform as an expert writer and video gathering journalist and work independently with technology and on a flexible schedule to distribute content from field locations.
WHAT YOU’LL NEED:
- Four-year college degree or equivalent required.
- Valid Arizona driver’s license and good driving record.
- WHAT YOU’LL BRING:
- Familiarity with traffic reporting preferred.
- At least 3 years television reporting experience preferred.
- Newscast and digital experience preferred.
- Must be proficient with a computerized newsroom.
- Must be an excellent communicator and storyteller. Must be creative, have good people skills and be able to handle deadline pressure.
WHAT YOU’LL BRING:
- Computer literacy required, including newsroom computer systems.
- Videography and non-linear editing experience preferred.
- Knowledge of broadcast quality camera equipment.
- Edit video on Final Cut Pro editing systems, or similar equipment.
- Strong broadcast and AP style writing skills.
- Proficient at posting content to various websites.
- Self-motivated and able to work in a fast-paced deadline-driven environment
- Must be able to lift up to 75 pounds.
- The position is remote temporarily and consistent with state law and station planning, due to the pandemic.
The E.W. Scripps Company (NASDAQ: SSP) is a diversified media company focused on creating a better-informed world. As the nation’s fourth-largest local TV broadcaster, Scripps serves communities with quality, objective local journalism and operates a portfolio of 61 stations in 41 markets. The Scripps Networks reach nearly every American through the national news outlets Court TV and Newsy and popular entertainment brands ION, Bounce, Grit, Laff and Court TV Mystery. Scripps is the nation’s largest holder of broadcast spectrum. Scripps runs an award-winning investigative reporting newsroom in Washington, D.C., and is the longtime steward of the Scripps National Spelling Bee. Founded in 1878, Scripps has held for decades to the motto, “Give light and the people will find their own way.”
As an equal employment opportunity employer, The E.W. Scripps Company and its affiliates do not discriminate in its employment decisions on the basis of race, sex, sexual orientation, transgender status, gender, color, religion, age, genetic information, medical condition, disability, marital status, citizenship or national origin, and military membership or veteran status, or on any other basis which would be in violation of any applicable federal, state or local law. Furthermore, the company will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with known disabilities unless doing so would result in an undue hardship for the company.
|Job Category||Multimedia, Television|