Consumer Reports, one of the world’s most influential mission-driven testing and media organizations, reaches more than six million members a month through its digital and print media platforms.
CR is looking for a writer/reporter/content packager who can develop consumer-facing content on a variety of topics, including home, autos, health, and tech. This position also will help with CR’s audience growth by producing content with a focus on diverse audiences. We want this content creator to showcase the product testing and expertise CR is famous for using new mobile-friendly formats that allow for more direct engagement with prospective members, particularly those in communities of color.
You will have the opportunity to provide high-impact service to readers, by combining your reporting and packaging talents with the data and expertise from CR’s lab testers, survey and statistics teams and the input and advice from and for multigenerational and diverse consumers.
What you will do
- Report and write service content in close collaboration with writers and editors in our Home, Autos, Health, and Tech departments
- Develop content for multiple formats and platforms (articles, interactives, videos, infographics, and mobile-friendly “snackable” content)
- Collaborate with our social and audience engagement teams to engage with diverse (particularly racially and ethnically diverse) audiences and listen for consumer insights, perspectives and questions that matter to them and their communities
- Work across Content departments to collect expert-driven advice that can help address and address consumer needs.
- Promote and develop content for diverse and multigenerational audiences
- You are a highly-motivated, enterprising content creator with 2-5 years’ experience working for a consumer-facing publication with a multimedia footprint.
- You work well in teams, and have experience producing deeply reported content, and translating technical information into actionable and conversational text.
- You have experience creating content for diverse consumer cultures and delivering relevant information and service back to them.
Diversity, Inclusion, and Belonging at Consumer Reports
At CR, we believe our continued ability to understand and advance the interests of all American consumers is possible only if our staff fully reflects the full cultural, racial and ethnic diversity of those consumers.
Consumer Reports is committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, national origin, gender, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital or parental status, disability, veteran status, or other class protected by applicable law. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.