Writer (Comm Professional (N))
Harvard Kennedy School
Duties & Responsibilities
The writer position in the Office of Communications and Public Affairs is responsible for a wide range of writing tasks supporting multiple Harvard Kennedy School platforms. In particular, we are looking for a candidate that possesses is the following:
• Strong writer and editor
• Strong and creative storyteller across multiple platforms
• Team player who can work with multiple clients concurrently
The writer will produce content for various print and digital platforms, often under tight deadlines. The ideal candidate will be an accomplished storyteller with strong editorial judgement. S/he will be creative, while bringing a journalistic approach to identifying and writing stories. The ideal candidate will be able to both write and copyedit stories. This position will be responsible for covering beats across the Kennedy School and for submitting content to University-wide publications, such as the Harvard Gazette. The writer must have knowledge of professional editorial practices, including strong knowledge of AP Style.
Bachelor’s degree in journalism, communications, or closely-related field. Minimum of 3 years of professional writing and editing experience.
- Must have demonstrated professional experience as a writer, with experience in copy editing/proofreading.
- Ability to develop and write creative, compelling and accurate content in a variety of styles for diverse audiences and platforms, including for social media and websites.
- Strong storytelling, writing, and interviewing skills are required.
- Ability to work independently and exercise editorial judgment.
- Proven communication and collaboration skills with internal teams and clients.
- Ability to manage multiple projects and workflows in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment.
- Strong analytic and creative skills; attention to detail; ability to adhere to schedules and work well independently and in collaborative settings.
- The position requires considerable flexibility, with an ability to juggle multiple assignments while meeting hard deadlines.
- Ability to write for digital content and social media required.
- Experience working for a university, newspaper or website, or nonprofit organization preferred.
Harvard University requires pre-employment reference and background checks.
Harvard University is committed to supporting a healthy, sustainable learning and working environment.
USA – MA – Cambridge
Communications and Public Affairs
55 – Hvd Union Cler & Tech Workers
9:00 A.M.- 5:00 P.M., M-F
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, gender identity, sexual orientation, pregnancy and pregnancy-related conditions, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Apply Here: http://www.Click2Apply.net/rky2sb5m82ygd4bt
|Job Category||Communications, Multimedia|