Application deadline: Friday, February 4, 2022
The NAJA-NBC News Summer Fellowship gives students real world experience and exposure to one of the world’s leading News divisions, which includes NBC News, MSNBC and CNBC. NBCUniversal will offer fellows the opportunity to join one of the following NBC programs as interns:
- America’s #1 morning news program, The Today Show
- The top ranked evening program, Nightly News with Lester Holt
- Our primetime long form news program, Dateline
- Our 24 cable news channel, MSNBC
- Our top rated business news cable channel, CNBC
- Our digital organization, including our array of digital properties
The fellows selected will receive $16.50 an hour, plus overtime (over 40 hours per week) for 10 weeks during the summer. NBCUniversal will offer a $2,000 housing or technology stipend. The housing stipend is available for candidates who reside outside a 50 mi. radius from our Tri-State Area offices. The stipend will be provided for technology upgrades should we hold remote internships (see below note regarding COVID-19).
Production experience is preferred, but not required.
All the internships are located in 30 Rockefeller Center, with the exception of the placements at CNBC, which are located in Englewood Cliffs, NJ. Transportation is provided to Englewood Cliffs, NJ from various location in Manhattan and Brooklyn (see below note regarding COVID-19).
The official start date of the program is Monday, June 6, 2022. If your academic schedule impedes your ability to start on this date, alternatives can be discussed.
- Must be a current NAJA member
- Students must be willing to live in New York City or its environs for the duration of the internship. (see below note regarding COVID-19).
- Must be enrolled full-time at a U.S. college or university
- Must be a sophomore, junior, senior or graduate student
- Must major in journalism or a communications discipline
- GPA of 3.0 or above is desired
- Must have unrestricted authorization to work in the US without holding a VISA or sponsorship
- Recent graduates will not be considered.
COVID 19: During this time, we ask that all applicants bear with us as we determine the best avenue for hosting Summer Fellows this upcoming Summer. We are awaiting information and developments about the state of the pandemic that will enable us to decide whether the internship will be held remotely or in person at our offices in 30 Rockefeller Plaza or at Englewood Cliffs. We will continue to keep applicants posted as we make decisions about our Summer programs.